Sunday, May 17, 2009

Esther

Who do you go to for guidance or wisdom? I have several people that I go to for this. But, the first one that comes to my mind is Mary, my sister. We share everything. Joy, sorrow, hardship, victory.

In the first few chapters of Esther, we learn of her relationship with Mordecai. Several days ago, during my devotions, I read the story of Queen Esther. I was struck by their relationship. The way that he gently guided her. The way she respected his wisdom. They valued each other.
I am in awe of the way that this biblical story transcends time and place. In each of our lives, there are choices to be made that change the course of our future. How do we make those choices? For me, any major decision involves prayer and many of them are made after talking with my sister.

What would've happened if Esther had chosen to remain quiet? Think about her position, what would you have done? Esther's decision weighed so heavily on her, she asked for fasting. Have you ever fasted while facing a difficult choice?

Mordecai makes a profound statement in Esther 4:14 "Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?" It is clear that Mordecai felt Esther was brought to the position of Queen during that time for a purpose. Have you ever thought about that? God placed her there to fulfil His purpose. When she was asked to save her people, she was willing to give her life for them.

Generations of women look back in adoration at Esther's strength and faithfulness. I pray that those who come after me will say that they found me faithful.

Are you struggling with a decision? Is your heart heavy with a burden that seems overwhelming?

I pray that you have someone you can go to for guidance and wisdom. As in every decision, come to your choice after careful prayer. Read the story of Queen Esther and be encouraged.

To my sister... Mary, thank you for your wisdom and guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment