Friday, March 5, 2010

Sometimes I Stay Longer


He's the first one up ... always.

I'm either in the kitchen getting my first cup of coffee or sitting at the dining room table reading my bible ... and ... he's there. Still fuzzy with sleep, he shuffles up and gives me a hug ... a hug that is especially James (7 years old and too tall for his age).

As I hug him, I whisper ... "Guess who you are?"

"I know ... your favorite 7 year old." He giggles soft.

"That's right. And, there is no one else just like you." And, I kiss his rumpled hair.

This morning was different. He was still the first one up, still the hug while I sat at the table ... but he held on longer than usual. That's what was different ... holding on longer. I let him because it felt good and I could feel he needed it.

My boys are growing up. There are no more toddler cuddles, mixed up funny words and silly dances. So, I take what I can get ... and, this morning it was the extra long hug ... his face pressed against my neck and warm breath on my cheek.

Sometimes I need that extra time with Jesus. I need to wrap my arms around His neck and stay ... stay longer than usual before I start my day. And, He lets me. Because He loves me. He knows I need Him, I need the extra time. He wants that extra time. He knows the world has its demands, my boys need their mommy, my husband needs his wife ... and He knows I'll come to Him. When I do ... He's there.

He says ... "There is no one else just like you. I love you."


Psalm 139:15-16 "My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

4 comments:

  1. Precious....he is adorable and indeed there is no one else just like him. Each of us should be reminding our children and grandchildren how special they are in our eyes and in HIS eyes.
    Hugs, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute...Don't they grow too fast? And you're right, we must treasure every moment we can get from our little men! Thanks be to God that He loves us unconditionally. I could just feel the warmth of the hugs you exchanged with your beloved son! So comforting! God bless you sister and may His protection cover you and your family at all times! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious post today. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was beautiful Aine... I loved it! Such a stunning picture...

    Hope your weekend is blessed!

    ReplyDelete